Saturday, October 4, 2014

Light Shines in the Darkness

The words they spoke arrived in my ears
as if they were drenched with tears
of my Heavenly Father
who had watched me go farther
and further
away
But that day
became my TODAY
and those words led me away
towards the Way
of life, of truth, of THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE

and TODAY, while it is still day
I hear those words all the more

I beg You, Father
scream louder

because I am ever so aware
that deception and despair
still cling to my ribs

But Your light leaks in
Your light breaks through
Your light burns away

So, now, consume every dark space
and erase, erase and replace
ashes
for beauty
mourning
for gladness

lift up Your throne within my heart
that all my steps be guided by Your kingdom

Your kingdom come
Your will be done
Your light shines in the darkness
and the darkness has not overcome
July 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

How does this connect with you?